- Are you 59 or younger? Our mission is to serve adult males between the ages of 18 to 59.
- Do you want to change your life? The Bridge is a program purposed to come along side men who are struggling and assist them in gaining a biblical worldview where becoming successful, productive members of society is the natural outcome of building and pursuing a relationship with Christ. We are not a homeless shelter or a soup kitchen.
- Are you willing to commit to a 6 month to one year process? Change is not a quick process and entering a program such as this is a decision not to be entered into lightly.
- Are you willing and open to building a relationship with Jesus Christ? The Bridge is a Christian based program where church attendance as well as one midweek program is required. As we believe Christ is the Creator and answer, daily Bible reading and journaling, and bible study groups are strongly encouraged. It is a relationship with Christ which brings us meaning, purpose, and fullness of life—we are indeed created this way. If this is an avenue you are not willing to pursue, you would not be a good fit here, finding yourself entirely miserable.
- Are you able to physically work? The program will require some labor and does not have the resources to take care of someone who needs significant medical care. Additionally, no narcotic medication for chronic pain is allowed. Participants are required to pursue meaningful, long term employment. To get started, we have several temporary empolyment agencies in the area. Additionally, our men tend to the chores as is normal for any household, i.e., mowing grass, snow shoveling, and house cleaning.
- Have you been diagnosed with any mental illness? The Bridge is not a mental health or dual-diagnosis facility. Typically, we do not accept anyone diagnosed with a mental illness within the past 12 months or anyone who is currently on any psychotropic medications. However, we are willing to address this on a case-by-case basis.
- Do you have to register as a sex offender? Unfortunately for our house, due to proximity to schools and youth ministry, we are prohibited from accepting offenders of this nature.
If you answered yes to the first five questions and no to the sixth and seventh, you are eligible. Contact Mike Gagnon @ 724-318-8082 for more information.